On 03/02/2021 19:04, cedric.dew...@eclipso.eu wrote:
I am looking for a way to make a raid 1 of two SSD's, and to be able to detect
corrupted blocks, much like btrfs does that. I recall being told about a month
ago to use a specific piece of software for that, but i forgot to make a note
of it, and I can't find it anymore.

Running SSD's in RAID1 has been contentious from the perspective that I have been researching storage technology.

Is there any serious, properly researched, and learned infornmation available about this?

The reason I ask is that, in a related situation, I have 4x high quality HGST SLC SAS SSD's, and I was seriously thinking that RAID0 might be the appropriate way to configure them. This assumes a well designed backup strategy of course.

Is this foolhardy?

Andrew