On 2021/2/18 下午4:52, Erik Jensen wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:38 AM Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.bt...@gmx.com> wrote:
We got it!

The eb->start mismatch with page_offset(), this means something is wrong
with page->index.

Considering page->index is just unsigned long thus when we initialize
page->index using a real u64, we truncated some high bits.

And when we get it back to u64, the truncated bits leads to above result.

The fix would be pretty tricky and with MM guys involved, and may need a
much longer time.

I guess this is a known bug, as page->index limit means we can't handle
files over 4T on 32bit systems, even if the underlying fs can handle it
(just like what you hit).

Thanks,
Qu

Thanks for digging into it! Is there an existing bug or discussion I
can follow, or any other way I can be of assistance?

Just send a mail to the fs-devel mail list, titled "page->index
limitation on 32bit system?".

I guess your experience as a real world user would definitely bring more
weight to the discussion.

Thanks,
Qu