On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 08:00:16PM -0800, Eric Biggers wrote:
> From: Christoph Hellwig <h...@lst.de>
>
> blkdev_put must not be called under sb->s_umount to avoid a lock order
> reversal with disk->open_mutex once call backs from block devices to
> the file system using the holder ops are supported.  Move the call
> to btrfs_close_devices into btrfs_free_fs_info so that it is closed
> from ->kill_sb (which is also called from the mount failure handling
> path unlike ->put_super) as well as when an fs_info is freed because
> an existing superblock already exists.

Thanks, this looks roughly the same to what I have locally.

I did in fact forward port everything missing from the get_super
series yesterday, but on my test setup btrfs/142 hangs even in the
baseline setup.  I went back to Linux before giving up for now.

Josef, any chane you could throw this branch:

    git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git btrfs-holder

into your CI setup and see if it sticks?  Except for the trivial last
three patches this is basically what you reviewed already, although
there was some heavy rebasing due to the mount API converison.