On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 07:42:22PM -0400, Eric Biggers wrote:
> Hi Josef and Sweet Tea,
>
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 05:10:57PM -0500, Josef Bacik wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > v3 can be found here
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-btrfs/cover.1697480198.git.jo...@toxicpanda.com/
> >
> > There's been a longer delay between versions than I'd like, this was mostly
> > due
> > to Plumbers, Holidays, and then uncovering a bunch of new issues with '-o
> > test_dummy_encryption'.  I'm still working through some of the btrfs
> > specific
> > failures, but the fscrypt side appears to be stable.  I had to add a few
> > changes
> > to fscrypt since the last time, but nothing earth shattering, just moving
> > the
> > keyring destruction and adding a helper we need for btrfs send to work
> > properly.
> >
> > This is passing a good chunk of the fstests, at this point the majority
> > appear
> > to be cases where I need to exclude the test when using
> > test_dummy_encryption
> > because of various limitations of our tools or other infrastructure related
> > things.
> >
> > I likely will have a follow-up series with more fixes, but the bulk of this
> > is
> > unchanged since the last posting.  There were some bug fixes and such but
> > the
> > overall design remains the same.  Thanks,
> >

> Is there a plan for someone to keep working on this?  I think it was finally
> getting somewhere, but the work on it seems to have stopped.

I fixed up all your review comments, but yes we don't care about this internally
anymore so it's been de-prioritized.  I have to rebase onto the new stuff,
re-run tests, fix any bugs that may have creeped in, but the current code
addressed all of your comments.  Once I get time to get back to this you'll have
a new version in your inbox, but that may be some time.  Thanks,

Josef