On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 05:22:37PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
> All of this sounds overengineered for something that is a simple array
> and two helpers. The code is not finalized so I'll wait for the next
> version but specific file order in makefile and linker tricks seems
> fragile and I'm not sure I want this for btrfs.

Yeah, that's my reaction as well.  This only saves 50 lines of code in
ext4, and that includes unrelated changes such as getting rid of "int
i" and putting the declaration into the for loop --- "for (int i =
...").  Sure, that saves two lines of code, but yay?

If the ordering how the functions gets called is based on the magic
ordering in the Makefile, I'm not sure this actually makes the code
clearer, more robust, and easier to maintain for the long term.

                                                 - Ted