Folks,

It occurs to me that we ought to have a "Press" section of our web site
with a link off the home page.  This would be different from a
"News" section which would have news items about us and news about our
efforts.  This section would *for* members of the news media.

The other purpose of the section would be Advisory Council and others
who need LPI info documents to include in press packets.

As I would envision it, at the top of the page, there would be links
to standard "documents" that we have available, including things such as a:

  - one-page LPI fact sheet
  - one-page LPI program summary
  - listing of objectives for each exam
  - bios of LPI Board
  - listing of Advisory Council members

etc, etc.

These documents would be on the web site in several different formats
that would be available to download in, for example:

  - PDF
  - Applixware
  - Rich Text Format
  - plain text
  - HTML

The reason for using these formats is to preserve the formatting and
allow companies to quickly print out these documents to include in
their press kits.

Below that, there might be links to other articles that have included
mentions of LPI for background reference.

Also on the page we would prominently mention our press contacts
(right now primarily Evan and I).

Pretty much the idea would be to make it easy for: a) media contacts
trying to get background info on LPI; and b) PR people trying to
put together press packets that include mention of LPI.

What do you think?

Regards,
Dan