Dan,

>...I'm especially interested
>to know if there are additional questions that should be included.

Submitted for your consideration, a question such as the following (which is
similar to question 1.5).  I have seen several instances of people
expressing such thoughts--for the record, I am not one of them--so it might
be good to address it head-on.  The answer could be simply a referral to the
answer to 1.5, or both 1.5 and this question could be answered at the same
time.

1.x. Doesn't this effort just show that you are selling out by taking Linux
out of the hands of developers/administrators and putting it into the hands
of the marketing types?