On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:

>   I noticed that in POMS, Chuck Mead commented to Faber Fedor re. SuSE
> (2f.82.1 Archives) to specify the version number of the distribution in
> the objectives.  I disagree,

I agree with Tom. We should, in general, not mention version numbers in
the distro-specific objectives. There may be some cases where major
changes were made from one version to another and the objective must refer
to the version number to clarify it's meaning. But let's try to
de-emphasize version differences.

-Scott