Jared Buckley wrote:

> Here's draft number two of the concensus:
>
> Recertification:
>
> LPI will not require certificate holders to renew or recertify.  LPI
> will keep records of the test(s) passed and the revision date/level(s)
> of the passed test(s).  LPI reserves the right to expire (cease to
> recognize) specific certifications that are more than two years old.

Two years based on what?  The time the test was taken? The time the
Cert was actually received?  Or the revision date (which may have
been up to two years prior to text taking)?  It is my opinion that
two years is far too short a time to disqualify people from a
certification that they already worked to attain.  We would be
saying that, "Oh, last week John Linux Admin was more than capable
of performing his duties, but now he is a dolt, and needs to take
our exam again."  I believe that once someone is certified on a
revision of the certification, then they can hold that title until
they die.  If that admin wants to, or his boss wants him to,
recertify with a more recent version, then more power to them,
but to have us "cease to recognize" the certification is rediculous.
I don't care what any of you think, things will NOT change that
much in two years.  Unix has been around for over 30 years, and
never did it change so much in two years that an administrator
would be totally lost with a new system.  (O.K. possibly in the
first two.)

> Exam Renewal Consensus:
>
> LPI will revise the content of its exams in order to provide for new
> material, test validity, security, and to incorporate feedback from
> experience as deemed necessary, but not less frequently than every two
> years.

I agree with this.

Forrest Tiffany