On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Dan York wrote:

> l-c-program,
> As we were talking about recertification and renewal recently, I found
> this interesting note in an online newsletter I get.  Seems Microsoft
> will *force* all current MCSE's to upgrade to the new exams. (Which
> pretty much means that I won't be an MCSE after December 31, 2000, given
> that I have absolutely *zero* interest in learning about Windows 2000!)

I believe you are mistaken.  You will be a MCSE until at least
December 2001, depending on what exams you have taken.  Check
http://www.microsoft.com/mcp/examinfo/retired.htm for information on
exams being retired.  You have 1 year after the exam is retired to
take a replacement.  The announcement below also states that.

Regards,

Dan Harter