in order to configure a two-node high availability NFS failover cluster, I need to use GFS, correct?

I am wanting to configure two machines in a cluster and use them as a NAS head for an ISCSI based storage unit providing NFS file systems to the machines on our network. I'd like to have the units configured so if one fails, the other takes over and no interruption to the nfs mounts (high-availability failover). Everything I'm reading indicates that GFS would be required to do this, but would like confirmation. In case I'm just missing something. Worst case, I guess I could just have our second machine set up and ready to go as a warm spare.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy
begin:vcard
fn:Randy Brown
n:Brown;Randy
org:National Weather Service;Office of Hydrologic Development
adr;dom:;;1325 East West Highway;Silver Spring;MD;20910
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Network Administrator
tel;work:301-713-1669 x110
tel;cell:443-794-6818