vu pham wrote:
Hunt, Gary wrote:
Having issues with adding a node to an existing cluster. Hope I am just missing something simple.

RHEL 5.3 2 node cluster with quorum disk. Whenever I try to add a third node with the luci admin interface the new node comes up with a cluster.conf that looks like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<cluster config_version="1" name="xencluster">

        <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>

        <clusternodes/>

        <cman/>

        <fencedevices/>

        <rm/>

</cluster>

The 2 existing nodes get an updated cluster.conf, but the new node doesn’t. Am I missing something? All I am doing is giving luci the hostname and root password of the new node in the Add a node section.

luci that comes with 5.3/RHN has problem. Try luci with 5.2

I may be wrong. I just tried luci on my 5.2 system to add a node and it failed. Anyway, it successful updates cluster.conf of existing nodes so all I did after to add new node to the cluster is :
- scp /etc/cluster/* from existing node to new node
- install the following packages : gfs2-utils gfs-utils rgmanager kmod-gfs2-xen kmod-gfs-xen lvm2-cluster. You may not need the *-xen-* packages if you are not on a domU.
- start services cman, clvmd, gfs2 and rgmanager.

After that my new node joins the cluster just fine . Then luci sees my new node, too.

I love luci, I hate lucy. I still not remember all the options of cluster services so I still have to use it. For options I remember, I just edit cluster.conf with vi and ccs_tool update.

Vu