On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 02:52:44PM +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:

> This is not quite right.  What I had in mind was to use the digest
> interface if the assoc SG list has a single entry in it.  Otherwise
> it should just fall back to doing update followed by finup.

Ok. I was not even aware that the assoc sg list can have more than one
entry, because esp sets up assoc as a single entry list and this is
actually the only user of authenc as far as I know.

Aside the optimization, another reason to use the digest interface was to
avoid callback functions for init, update and finup. I guess we can not
avoid this if assoc can be a sg list with more than one entry, so I'll
update the patch in this manner.