Hi,

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 08:35:43PM -0500, Kim Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:03:37 +0200
> Phil Sutter <p...@nwl.cc> wrote:
>
> > I would like to enhance drivers/crypto/mv_cesa.c by an AEAD algorithm
> > (at least authenc(hmac(sha1),cbc(aes))), since the driver is able to do
> > both operations in one go.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I have found little information about this task in
> > Documentation/ or the web. Am I missing something? It would be really
> > great if you could point me to the right direction here.
>
> use existing drivers for guidance.  The following drivers implement
> those types of algorithms:

Thanks for the hint, although I've already found the "sample code". ;)
Was rather looking for something telling me what is crucial and what
options there are. Concrete code tends to just show the solution of a
specific problem. (My five cents to the question why code is often, but
seldomly good documentation.)

Grepping reveals IPSec (i.e., esp{4,6}.c) as the only user of AEAD so
far. Is this correct?

Greetings, Phil