On 3/7/2015 3:16 AM, Kim Phillips wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:49:43 -0500
> Martin Hicks <m...@bork.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Kim Phillips <kim.phill...@freescale.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Assuming it's the same thing, AES-XCBC gets added with SEC v3.0
>>> h/w.  Assuming hw_supports() doesn't already support this algorithm
>>
>> AES-XCBC isn't the same thing as AES-XTS.
>
> Thanks.
>
>>> combination (technically via the mode bit), this needs to be
>>> reflected in the patch so the driver doesn't think SEC 2.x devices
>>> can do XTS, too.
>>
>> Right.  I hadn't looked into how exactly hw_supports() works.  It only
>> indicates which execution units are present (in this case the AES
>> unit).  I actually think XTS gets introduced in SEC v3.3.2.  I also
>> have an MPC8379 (sec3.3) and it does not have XTS.
>>
>> Can you look internally to find out in which hardware it was
>> introduced?  Is there a SEC 3.3.1 that also has XTS?
>
> later MPC8315Es had a SEC v3.3.1, but AFAICT, it doesn't support
> XTS, so, yes, it's likely v3.3.2 and above (if any).

There's a public application note on freescale.com:
"AN3645 - SEC 2x/3x Descriptor Programmer's Guide" (Rev.3/2010)

"Table 4 - EUs Supported in Each SEC Version" summarizes which
algorithms / modes are supported for every talitos version.
Unfortunately this goes up to SEC 3.3.1.
Since XTS doesn't show up, 3.3.2 would be the first supporting it.

Horia