On 12/01/2015 10:45 AM, Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
On (12/01/15 10:17), Rick Jones wrote:

What do the perf profiles show?  Presumably, loss of TSO/GSO means
an increase in the per-packet costs, but if the ipsec path
significantly increases the per-byte costs...

For ESP-null, there's actually very little work to do - we just
need to add the 8 byte ESP header with an spi and a seq#.. no
crypto work to do.. so the overhead *should* be minimal, else
we've painted ourself into a corner where we can't touch anything
including TCP options like md5.

Something of a longshot, but are you sure you are still getting effective CKO/GRO on the receiver?

rick jones