Hello,

I have read the crypto library documentation on chronox.de.

I used there sample code for symmetric key cipher operation.
However in the check:

skcipher = crypto_alloc_skcipher("cbc-aes-aesni", 0, 0);
if (IS_ERR(skcipher)) {
pr_info("could not allocate skcipher handle\n");
return PTR_ERR(skcipher);
}

I get could not allocate skcipher handle.

I have loaded all possible related modules for crypto:
lsmod (relevant):
algif_skcipher         32768  0
algif_hash             20480  0
algif_aead             20480  0
af_alg                 24576  3 algif_aead,algif_hash,algif_skcipher
cryptd
ablk_helper.

What am I missing here?

Also IS_ERR checks if the skcipher value may be <1000, it may include
the NULL check right?.

Thanks.