Hi,

I  have upgraded my RH 5.0 to 5.2 using the PCQ CD.

Previously I had Samba working fine.

After the upgrade and following the instructions in
the magazine for
Samba, I am unable to logon from my win95 client on
my lan and also the
machines do not showup in the network
neighbourhood. The win 95
configuration is untouched as they were working
before the upgrade.

My linux box is the only master. There is no Win NT
machine on my LAN

I have NOT used encryption both before and after
upgrade.

My webserver on my linux machine is accessible from
my win 95 client. I
have enabled DHCP and winipcfg reports are valid

Testparm verifies ok ie no errors

I have also enabled  "interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24 "
in the /etc/smb.conf

I have tried to also use my old and working
smb.conf but that too does
not enable logon from the win 95 client.

I am running some mission critical stuff and will
be grateful if anybody
can suggest a workaround .

TIA

regards