  Help with finding the ftp source code (Xiaofeng Tan)

From: Tony Wiegand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.mandrake,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: How to re-create a boot disk
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:15:43 GMT

All,

I would like to thank everyone for there suggestions.
I was finally able to  re-create my boot disk with a little
trial and error.

The main problem I had was I lent someone my 6.0
Mandrake disk, so when I re-created my boot disk
I used Redhat 5.1.   My system is using Ultra DMA
controller for the hard drives and with the older boot
image it wasn't properly picking up the drives.  I had
this problem before when I was using Redhat 5.1.
(back then I unhooked the drives from the DMA
controller and used the motherboard).   But I remember
there was a work around.

So my final solution was everyone's suggestion coupled
with the work around.

At the boot prompt I entered:

vmlinuz ide2=0xfff0,0xffe6 ide3=0xffa8,0xfbe6 root=/dev/hdg11

This booted me back into Mandrake where I recreated my
bootdisk.

                    Thanks again,
                    Tony

------------------------------

From: "Tim R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help with printk
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:19:18 -0600

Nils Wygant wrote:

> I nee some help.......
>
> I'm writing a device driver and  I can't see any of the debugging
> printk's that are made from within the module code.  Printk is the kernel
> equivalent to printf but it sends it's output to the console.  I've read
> that when using printk's from within X  (i'm using RedHat 6.0 and Gnome)
>  you won't see the output because ofX's use of "Virtual" terminals......???
>  I did a man on xterm and saw a -C option but this had no effect.
>  It's suppose to redirect all Console output to the active "virtual" terminal.
> It also says that it's not guaranteed to work.   o-well....   this was the case it
>seems.
>  Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> -Nils

can't you use dmesg to get them after-the-fact at any rate?

------------------------------

From: "CyberCast" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.development,comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.programming.threads,comp.unix.programmer,comp.unix.solaris
Subject: Need C or C++ programmer to implement protocols
Date: 12 Mar 2000 01:06:50 EST

I have some short quick projects to be implemented in C or C++.

I am looking for anyone proficient in C or C++ to build handlers for simple
text based protocols. These can be developed where ever you choose (at home,
after hours etc.).
Threads, sockets and Unix knowledge would be welcome.

If interested write to me to discuss pay and specs and the like, at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: Neil Koozer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps
Subject: Re: LILO and GRUB: where do you pick disk geometry from? (repost)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:08:35 -0800

Hi Milan,

I would be interested to know how your system behaves under my own boot
loader.  I wrote a boot loader, nuni, which is intended to eliminate all
those complications associated with the bios.

nuni does not use the bios, and it also does not use the concept of
geometry or cylinders.  It will boot linux from any location up to 137gb
on any IDE drive.  It also boots from drives connected to ATA66 cards.
Go to freshmeat.net and search on the name nuni.

Neil.

------------------------------

From: Michael Erskine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.os.linux.slackware,comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.security
Subject: Re: HTTP Command or Script to find web server version
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 01:51:03 -0500

Zardoz;
Is someone actually paying for this security assessment?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Efflandt)
Crossposted-To:
alt.os.linux.slackware,comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.security
Date: 12 Mar 2000 07:37:29 GMT

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:12:44 -0600, Zardoz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Sorry about the cross-post, but I'm in a hurry.
>
>I need an HTTP command or a Perl script or something that will tell me what
>web server and version a host is running. The host is most likely a BSD 3.0
>or 3.1 box, so it's probably Apache, but I want to make sure.

perldoc perlipc

However, you probably want to change the HTTP command to include the Host:
header in the webget example if used for virtual hosts:

print $remote "GET $document HTTP/1.0".$EOL."Host: $host". $BLANK;

--
David Efflandt  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.de-srv.com/
http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/  http://www.berniesfloral.net/

------------------------------

From: DEE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: kernel in C++
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:15:03 GMT

Saurabh Shrivastava wrote:

> hi everybody,
>               people say, kernel cant be written in C++. Is it true ?

No, what "people" say is not true.

See BeOS for a good example of a fast unix-like kernel written in C++.

From: Xiaofeng Tan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.dev.kernel,linux.sources.kernel,comp.os.linux.development
Subject: Help with finding the ftp source code
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:10:23 -0500

I am really new to the linux kernel. I just wonder if anyone could tell
me where I can find the ftp source code? Thanks a lot.

Tom