Just noticed another problem.. I've never been able to lock on to low symbol
rate channels before... however, in diagnosing the other STV0299 problems, I
disabled the FE_TIMEDOUT bit in dvb_frontend.c.

Now, I'm able to lock on to low symbol rate signals... I've just managed it
with a 4340000 symbol rate... getting a REALLY good signal from it, but it
took about 10 seconds to tune (the current timeout is hardcoded to 2
seconds). The STV0299B docs say it needs a certain number of symbols before
being able to get a lock... perhaps we need to have a timeout which is based
on the symbol rate. Again, I can just hack my userspace app to ignore this
bit, but IMO, it should be fixed in the driver.

Opinions? If no one disagrees, I can sort something out....

--
Info: