Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>> Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>>

>>> Dear,
>>>
>>> I'll be extending my setup with a new DVB-S card. As DVB-S2 is being
>>> used more and more, it seems a pity not to include DVB-S2 capability.
>>>

>> The driver is still not complete yet. In pre-alpha state.
>>

> Any idea on when it would reach alpha state?

The vendor itself had talked about more updates on the STB0899
specifications. It's a new delivery system and a new demodulator and a
new driver.

I will keep you all updated.

>>> Which DVB-S2 card is currently best supported, and from which tree? Can
>>> anyone share experience?
>>>

>> Once done , most of the cards should be supported,  (card support should
>> be trivial) won't make much of a difference though. But need to fix some
>> more things in there
>>

> Which one(s) are you using for development?

Currently i am using a KNC1 DVB-S2 card, will be moving to a VP-1040
DVB-S2 soon enough. Don't let what i am working on, decide your choice
at this point of stage, as i am not very sure about any positive
recommendations, unless i am seeing some really good results.

Most of the DVB-S2 cards are in low volume or sample level distribution,
these days. it has not reached a commercial state yet. But things will
change soon though.

Regards,
Manu