Uwe Bugla schreef:
Hi folks,
as part of the Debain package dvb-utils 1.1.1-2 the szap utility has the
following bug:

1. The start transponder file of Eutelsat Hotbird13.0E contains a "H" as
description of the polarization.

2. Unfortunately this "H" is being interpreted as "V".

3. So if you try to produce a transponder list with the start transponder you
are trapped as nothing works!

To see the error yourself, try the following example in the console:
szap -r -a0 -c trapz.txt -n1

where trapz.txt looks like this:
Hotbird-13.0E:12539:H:1:27500::::

With which program did you create the trapz.txt file?
My scan or scandvb program creates only lower cases polarization characters (v or h).
I think the szap program only recognizes lowercase by design.

In the console you will see the right frequency and the right symbol rate.
But the polarization will be printed out as "V" (vertical) instead of "H"
(horizontal).

In other words: The bug is: szap cannot set equal the letter "h" with the letter
"H"

Regards

Uwe

P. S.: I solved the problem by a TCL-TK workaround, but it rather should be
solved in the sourcecode,
shouldn't it? So can someone reading this please fix that bug in the source
code?