On Tue, March 6, 2007 23:59, Ville-Pekka Vainio said:
> Kirjoitit viestissäsi (lähetysaika keskiviikko, 7. maaliskuuta 2007
> 00:18:49):
>> I'm not quite sure I follow, you have the same kind of problem (i.e.
>> that a continous keypress generates repeat events)? But then you talk
>> about time before the keypress is generated?
>
> I'll try to explain better how the remote works for me. I'm not sure if
> the
> problem is really the same, but it sounded similar, so I decided to tell
> about it on this thread...
>
> At first, maybe for about ten keypresses after boot or reloading the
> drivers, the remote works perfectly. The event happens immediately
> after pressing the key.
>
> Then it goes into a mode where I have to press the key for a long time
> before anything happens.

This is very weird, the keypress event (as opposed to the repeat or
release event) should be instant. Could you try running the module with
ir_debug=1 and send me the output of dmesg after such a run. It would be
good if you could combine it with evtest so that there are timestamps to
correlate the different key events.

> And when the event actually occurs, then it often also
> generates a repeat. I tried repeat=0 to stop this unwanted repeat from
> occurring, but it didn't work very well.
>
> I tried to get an evtest log of the situation:
>
> Event: time 1173221474.755429, type 1 (Key), code 103 (Up), value 1
> Event: time 1173221474.755434, type 0 (Reset), code 0 (Reset), value 0
> Event: time 1173221475.155711, type 1 (Key), code 103 (Up), value 2
> Event: time 1173221475.155716, type 0 (Reset), code 0 (Reset), value 0
> Event: time 1173221475.219704, type 1 (Key), code 103 (Up), value 0
> Event: time 1173221475.219707, type 0 (Reset), code 0 (Reset), value 0

This looks like it should as far as I can tell...400 ms from first
keypress until the first repeat, and then a key release event about 75 ms
later. The delay until the first repeat event can be changed using kbdrate
with the "-d" parameter.

--
David Härdeman