Simon Kenyon wrote:
> just bought 3 cards for my mythtv master backend. silly me.
>
> anyway, using szap i find that tuning to a particular channel is at best
> a hit and miss affair.
> i have a 4x16 multiswitch which feeds astra28.2E into these three cards
> and 4 satellite receivers.
> they all get decent signal. i previously had a nexus-s and a technotrend
> 1500ci in the box and they had no problems with the signal.
>
> is there anything i can do - other than binning them?
> i'm using the hg tree of v4l-dvb.
> is there an expermental tree out there with some improvements for this card?

a data point is that it will not lock onto any signals with a vertical
polarization
but will lock on to signals with a horizontal polarization (at the
second attempt - not the first).
the latter sounds like a timing issue.

i have 5 other receivers and 2 dvb-s cards which have no problems with
the signal coming from the multiswitch to which they are all attached.

any help or even ideas of what to do to diagnose the problem out there?
--
simon