On Tue, October 2, 2007 12:02 pm, UxBoD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to cancel our Sky contract and switch to FreeAirSat services
> ie. Just keep the Sky card but no contract.
>
> Have been looking around to find out the best DVB-S card to get, which
> will also allow a CI too be connected aswell.
>
> The Technotrend S-2300 looks pretty good as a full featured card, and has
> a optional CI which will take two CAMs.  This would allow me to have a
> Setanta subscription for the Rugby etc.
>
> I intend to build a MythTV server with possibly two of these cards and
> split the LNB feed so that I can record and watch different channels at
> the same time.

I can't comment on which DVB-S card is best, but I can say that you can't
just split the LNB feed - you need a dual LNB.  If you have Sky+ you
should already have one of these.

In fact it's slightly more complex than this - you could potentially
record different channels from the same mux (there are up to 6 channels
per mux I think), but there is currently no functionality in MythTv that
allows for this.  There is however some work in progess for MythTv that
allows recording multiple channels from the same mux.

> Will this card work okay with the 2.6 drivers and does my approach sound
> reasonable ?

Hope this helps,
Robert.