Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:
> hg clone, make and make install just before 5 minutes and the latest
> version of the driver works with my Skystar HD and i can tune to both
> DVB-S and DVB-S2, although for modprobe problem more time for testing
> is needed, until now i have experinced the modprobe problem only once
> and needed to shutdown my computer 3 times in a row to be able to tune
> channels again, but i'm receiving fairly frequently the following
> message:

You get a consistent LOCK on DVB-S

Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: Delivery system DVB-S/DSS
Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: _stb0899_read_reg: Reg=[0xf50d], data=18
Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: --------> FE_HAS_CARRIER |
FE_HAS_LOCK
Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: _stb0899_read_reg: Reg=[0xf58c], data=18
Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: --------> FE_HAS_VITERBI |
FE_HAS_SYNC

Regards to the modprobe problem, can you please outline it a bit more ?
I am not following what you mean here.

> "FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out"
>
> as i mentioned here:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-October/021173.html
>
> is that normal? however, no "FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection
> timed out" with the newest driver until now.

If you don't get those messages, then things are supposed to be working fine,
AFAICS.

Regards,
Manu