Andreas Diehl wrote:
> Manu,
>
> I asked Digittrade about the licensing. They stated that they received the
> code directly from Afatech and that they have been tasked to integrate it.
> They claim that they have it at their disposal, so they support the Linux
> community. Some code files lack the header, nevertheless the kernel modules
> state "GPL". So far as I can tell.
>
> The following is from the publisher of the code:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> der Treiber steht uns zur freien Verfügung. Wir haben diesen Direckt
>> von Afatech bekommen und sollten uns um die Integration kümmern. Wir
>> stellen ihn natürlich der Linux Community freien  Verfügung.
>
> Anyway, I'll double check with Digittrade.

Thanks. Why i asked about this, i had been working on the same asked them
whether
we can use the same code in our drivers. This was what i got, the answer from
AFA

"As I said, we can "NOT" publish this driver code, please keep it for
your own use only."

Later on seeing the same i asked them on the status on publishing the same.
This was what i was told:

"Oh, it will be a disaster....
It's not legal to publish the code..."

If you can find out, from whom they got the permission to publish it would be
great.

Manu