Hi,

hermann pitton schrieb:
> Am Mittwoch, den 06.02.2008, 09:17 +0100 schrieb André Weidemann:
>> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>>
>>> Are you sure that it is a lnbp21 on your board?
>>> What kind of satellite equipment do you have?
>>> - a single LNB, so the 22kHz tone is enough.
>>> - a Multiswitch?
>>>   if yes, which commands does it need / understand?
>>>   - nothing but the tone?
>>>   - a tone burst to switch between satellites and the tone?
>>>   - full diseqc (2?) serial messages?
>>>
>>> I got a board with tda10086 and lnbp21 let and started measuring.
>>> voltage switching and static tone work fine with the current
>>> configuration.
>> Hi Hartmut,
>> I got the same tuning problems as Patrick. After your patch the Pinnacle
>> 400e is not working anymore. I can get a signal, but no lock at all.
>> I took a look at the PCB and there is definitely an LNBP21PD soldered
>> onto it.
>> Your patch disables the modulation of the 22kHz signal inside the demod
>> as fas as I understood, but then the LNBP21PD was supposed to generate it.
>>
>> Unfortunately this is not possible with the Pinnacle 400e. I took a look
>> at the LNBP21PD datasheet which states, that DSQIN is supposed to be
>> connected to GND if you don't want the 22kHz signal to be generated by
>> the LNBP21 itself. Guess what?! Pin 14(DSQIN) is connected to GND.
>>
>> For the time being I reverted your patch on my local system and the
>> Pinnacle 400e is working flawlessly again.
>>
>>   André
>>

> Hi,
>
> we should try to get this sorted.
>
> With the prior state, working for Andre and others, it does not work on
> the LifeView Trio (PCI and cardbus) and the saa7134 driver. Three guys I
> think reported it and Hartmut did wait with the patch for long and
> allowed about half a year for testing ...
>
> So, if we can't fix it soon, prior state of course counts and those
> later will have to use the patches further. Such a "fix" can always be
> committed prior to 2.6.25 release.
>
> Hermann

I think Andre gave the important hint: Obviously there are boards with
a separate modulator for the 22kHz signal. I must say i haven't expected that.
But now we know what needs to be done:
We have to make the tone generation a config option for the tda10086.
Default state should be off and we need to find the boards which need it on.
I will post a patch here asap.

Hartmut