On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:39 AM, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>
wrote:

> (+ Ingo, Andy, Peter)
>
> Hello Sai,
>
> I have added some x86/intel folks to cc.
>
> I am fine with these patches, and I think it is useful to be able to
> detect and recover from buggy UEFI implementations that use boot time
> regions at runtime.
>
> However, I need help from the x86 maintainers/developers to review
> this so please cc them on these patches.

I'm okay with the general concept, but I'm not really thrilled by the
longjmp-like approach.

Wasn't there a bunch of talk of having an actual kernel thread (kefid?)
that makes runtime services calls?  Did that actually get implemented?  IMO
a much nicer approach would be to handle the page fault by killing the
thread, more or less like how we kill unruly user threads.  (And it's yet
another step toward calling EFI runtime services at CPL 3!)

--Andy