On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:55:39PM +0000, Pankaj Bansal wrote:
> I am not able to understand the reservation about this patch.

The reservation is that from an outside perspective, this patch set
gives the impression that somewhere deep down the line, a fundamental
misunderstanding exists.

This impression may be completely incorrect, but from the information
presented here, we cannot understand what problem is being solved by
this set. This is why we keep coming with endless follow-up questions.

> At least in earlier version, the apprehension was that if dtb
> supplied by kernel (using command line parameters)
> Is supplied to firmware, it may break firmware, as firmware might
> not understand the bindings in it.

Then I am afraid there has been some miscommunication. I have re-read
the thread on the original patch set, and my interpretation on the
feedback is completely different. It is referring to creating multiple
layers of stability requirements between kernel and firmware when
dealing with command-line loaded device trees.

The firmware could _never_ be a consumer of a device tree loaded by
the kernel stub.

Best Regards,

Leif