As indicated by the subject, I've serious problems getting Linux kernel 2.0.35 to
boot on a AMD SC400 evaluation board (supposedly PC compatible). Actually, the
DiscOnChip isn't the cause of my problems since I can't even boot from floppy with the
harddisk dettached and the DiscOnChip evaluation (ISA) board removed.

 I get no indication from the boot process as to where the problem lies, It just
reboots directly after printing:

   "Ramdisk intialized 16 x 4096Kb disk started" (Sorry, didn't write the message down
and right now I can't boot it at all. I find the numbers kind of odd since my system
is only equipped with 16MB).

 I've read the BootPrompt HOWTO and tried to add 'debug' to my linload commandline
(I'm booting from DOS) but this makes absolutely no difference. I've tried changing
the DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL #define in printk.c to force the kernel to output more
info (but I can't see any difference). Using make xconfig I include Networking
support, ramdisk support, initrd support, MSDOS-, minix- and ext2fs- filesystem
support, enhanced IDE support and lots of other goodies but it won't make any
difference. I've also tried several different versions of DOS from 5 -> Win95 DOS.

 It works fine with Hal91 and tomsrtbt but they stops working when I replace their
(2.0.36) kernels with one I've furnished myself.

 I have to use a kernel in the range 2.0.29 - 2.0.35 cause' thats what they've given
me source patches for.

 Anyone got some advice on how to debug boot-problems or maybe managed to run a 2.0.35
kernel on this AMD SC400 evaluation board?

//Björn Eriksson.