On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Alan Wang wrote:
>Hi, everyone:
>    i am working on a linux kernel on which i did some modification. now i
>start to debug it until i found it's so hard to debug a kernel. i was told
>the gdb could do something like remote debug. does anyone has any
>experiences on it. i want to know how to write the stub routine for kernel.
>it will be great helpful if you can show me how to do it step by step. thank
>you  in advance.

Try looking on gcom.com.
Download the kgdb-stubxxxx patch, and you will be able to debug your kernel via
a serial connection using th ddd frontend. The dokumentation of the patch will
help you configuring gdb.
I work with this patch for a jear, and its very helpfull, if you have problems
using it, feel free to contact me.

Regards
Vasili