We are currently struggling through Linux's convoluted startup and shutdown
sequencing for one of our embedded projects.

We long for something like exists in the QNX OS.  There all the startup
info is contained in a single script.  While this maybe less flexible than
the current Linux scheme, it is much better suited to an embedded system.

Is there any good documentation online regarding this? Are there any open
source projects which are aimed at producing a QNX style startup and
shutdown sequence?  If not would there be any interest in starting one up?
Robert D. Findlay
Senior Software Engineer
FC software Inc.
Tel: (905)659-0512