You wrote:
        >Does anyone have an XF86Config file to use a Microtouch thru-glass,
or
        >other uTouch-screen driver.
        >Also what command is required to change from mouse to this within
X.
        >i.e. "set pointer microtouch" or similar.

Not sure if it will help you - enclosed is XF86Config I use for our in-house
made
touch-screen controller (protocol is pretty close to Elo) where I just set
mouse
to /dev/null and let xf86Touch.so module handle (through touch.o driver)
input.
This is for XFree86 3.3.2, Mike McQuade found that for XFree86 3.3.5 you
have to
use AllowMouseOpenFail in order to disable mouse.

Pavel.