FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:42:21 -0500
From: Bradley D. LaRonde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Networking code running in ROM

Any reason why the networking code wouldn't like to run in ROM?

I can boot a farily functional kernel from ROM without networking, but with
networking it fails right after "IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP".  I've traced
it and it seems to fail in various places inside networking, depending on
what else I build into the kernel and how I initialize data (copy
initialzation data to cached or uncached ram).

Oh, there's a twist:  I can get it to run with networking in uncached ROM,
just not with networking in cached ROM.

Any ideas?  Does it need special alignment?  Does it self-modify?  Any thing
else?

Regards,
Brad

-