The drive door command is not performed in LILO. This is much later.

The only things I know that can cause the LI problem is:
    1/ not using linear
    2/ if the image was built on a different IDE place from where is is being
booted from then not having the "bios = 0x81" or equivalent would cause this
problem.

malcolm