I can't seem to make a initrd that a kernel will mount.

I have read the Bootdisk-HowTo and initrd.txt and built a simple initrd using the
written
procedures.  But the kernel keeps panicing when it tries to mount the root device..

Here's a snip..

        RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size
        VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).

I have tried an example initrd from the net and the debian boot kernel & rootdisk
combo and
I get the same results...  So I think it must be something else... perhaps a LILO
setting
issue.

Heres my lilo.conf

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
verbose=1
image=/netboot/bzImage
        root=/dev/ram
#       initrd=/netboot/initdisk
        initrd=/netboot/root.bin
        label=Hydra
        read-only
        append = "disksize=1.44 console=ttyS0"
image=/boot/sysreq.bin
        root=/dev/hda2
        label=Linux
        read-only

The "disksize" parameter is someting I got from the debian loadlin command line it
dosen't
work with or without on both debian't image and mine.

Image #2 boots fine.. so I dont think its a disk issue. (the drive is only 200megs
anyway so
there are no cylinders > 1024)

Can some one who is sucessfully using LILO and initrd send me a copy of thier LILO
config,
thier kernel and initrd so I can get a starting point to figure out whats up with my
stuff?

thanks

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               501.846.5777