Can anyone advise/provide code or patch to allow automatic login as a
particular user.  I have a remote system, which may experience power
failure, and want it to restart without intervention.  I have tried
replacing the Xsetup_0 (for xdm) with a call to the application code,
and while it appears to work, I am experiencing frequent application,
and occasional system crashes.  I would be happier if a particular user
was logged in (with minimal privileges).

Also, what does "Segmentation fault" indicate ?.

Thanks
Shane K.