Hello all,

I have a set top box from allwell
(http://www.gctglobal.com/Products/Terminal_Box/terminal_box.html)  that has
an infrared port built in.  The goal is to use a palm pilot as a remote to
control this box.  How do I go about doing this?   My first problem is to
figure out if the infrared port is detected by linux (currently nothing in
the bootup sequence indicates that it did).

I understand that the kernel has to understand the IrOBEX protocol in order
to communicate with the palm.  Are there other options that need to be
enabled as well?  Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

- Sumit
http://sumitbirla.com