On Thu, 3 May 2001 10:09:26 -0400, Samuel Ip wrote:

>I'm trying to run Python 2.1 on Embedded Linux, but it was compiled on a
>machine that runs GLIBC 2.1.4, and Embedded Linux runs on.  How would one go
>about upgrading the GLIBC in Embedded LInux?  ANy help would be greatly
>appreciated.

Which "Embedded Linux" are you using?... LEM perhaps? There are
several.  Most of the commercial distributions have some sort of
package system for this.

The way I upgraded LEM was to upgrade my debian system via apt-get
and then I just mounted the drive for my LEM system on my debian
system and made all the library versions match.  I also took a look
at all the files the .deb package updated to make sure there wasn't
something I was missing.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               501.846.5777