Jeff Garzik wrote:
Alex Tomas wrote:
So without the ability to attach specific I/O completions to bios
or support for unwritten extents directly in __mpage_writepage,
there is no way XFS can use this "generic" delayed allocation code.

I didn't say "generic", see Subject: :)

Well, it shouldn't even be in the VFS layer if it's only usable by one filesystem.

sorry, but it seems I can say the same about iomap/ioend. I think
mpage_da_writepages() is simple enough to be adopted by other
filesystem, ext2 for example.

thanks, Alex

-