    > My FAI config should be managed by a Git Repo.
    > But now (after changing the $FAI_CONFIG_SRC) the PXE Environment says
"git command not found". It seems like git isn't installed by default.

    > How can I fix this in NFSROOT?
Add git to /etc/fai/NFSROOT and recreate the nfsroot. git is not
included in the nfsroot, because it uses much disk space.

    > I've also another question:
    > How can FAI be updated in long term? (New Debian Releases, Package
Updates...)
    > Does the Config need changes over time, or is it relatively stable?
That depends on what you are doing in the config space. The
disk_config will remain very stable, but package names may change (not
that many) but you may add new packages to your config.
More changes may occur if you change some default Debian configs using
the scripts or using fcopy and templates in files/

--
regards Thomas

Antwort per Email an