Hi,

Michael Tautschnig schrieb:
Hi!

IMHO this is a recurring issue (Thomas, could you put a note in the FAI docs?) - and I'm not really sure, how I solved it ... What could matter is the version of the dhcp-client you are using - is it dhcp-client or dhcp3-client? Using the latter works for me ...

Mh... there isn't any user-space dhcp client used, or is it? It is the dhcp "client" which is compiled into the kernel. Or is a dhcp-client used after the kernel booted? I will check that...

Anyway, appending

ip=::::demohost:eth0:dhcp

makes things look much better - he grabs everything via dhcp, except the hostname. The class scripts register that hostname, although /tmp/fai/boot.log still doesn't show a HOSTNAME (something which cfengine doesn't like too much as far as I can see).

--
 Manuel