Hi all,

After fixing the generation of the Ubunut Hoary 5.04 nfsroot, I managed to build a fai boot CD using make-fai-bootfloppy and I'm trying to install a target system booting the target system with this CD.

I don't know if this is somewhat related to the fact that Ubuntu uses udev by default, but sfdisk can't open /dev/hda on the target system for reading and so it can't partition the device and then the installation can't go on.

Does someone have an idea about what could be happening or does someone had experience doing this ? I mean, installing Ubuntu Hoary 5.04 using FAI deployed in a Sarge install server ?

I'm already following the instructions at http://www.sprang.de/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_install_with_FAI .

--
André Luís Lopes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]