Steffen Grunewald wrote:

<snip>

there's no ext3 support in the kernel...

I get the same message if I try to manually mount from the shell. So... any ideas what might be going on? I can't mount it as ext2 either if that makes any difference. I'm using the default config that came with FAI and am trying to build 'demohost'.

which kernel are you using?

Hi Steffen,

I am using the 2.4.27 kernel that comes with the latest fai-kernels package. However I've just remembered that there is also a 2.6 kernel in that package so I decided to try that. This time everything works perfectly! So, I think there is a problem that the 2.4.27 kernel in fai-kernels doesn't support ext2 or ext3 and the default demo scripts are creating an ext3 filesystem. That is, unless I have done something wrong!
I will carry on with the 2.6.8 kernel so my problem right now is solved.

Thanks,
Ben