hi,

as i use softupdate a lot , it would be nice to have a fcopy feature which
reports if any files or file permissions were changed. Look at my script in
BASE/50-ntp

  #!/bin/sh
  fcopy -iM /etc/ntp.conf
  /etc/init.d/ntp-server stop
  ntpd -q -g
  hwclock --systohc
  /etc/init.d/ntp-server start

I dont want to start and stop my ntp server on each softupdate, only on my
first install or when /etc/ntp.conf changes

it would be nice to have something like this:

if [ `fcopy -iM /etc/ntp.conf` -gt "0" ]
then
   /etc/init.d/ntp-server stop
   ntpd -q -g
   hwclock --systohc
   /etc/init.d/ntp-server start
fi

it would be nice to have an option like
 -n --number  report number of files changed
and let fcopy report the number of files changed

i would like to write a patch for fcopy implementing this if it does make
sense and would become part of fai.

kind regards
Janning

--