From: "Thomas Lange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   > the FAI boot CD. CAn anyone tell me how to do that?
Did you test the new fai-cd iso image? (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-cd/fai-cd-3.2.iso)
I this CD work, you can just use the default Debian kernel and do not
need to build your own.

That CD isn't going to have speech, is it? I'm blind and I need speech during the install. You could compile in the kernel with speakup software speech but I don't suppose you've done that, have you?It might be a nice thing to add someday. Although, you have to have someway to specify the synthesizer or it would not work. I don't know how you could do that. Most bootable CDs use isolinux and then you add synthesizer specs as a boot parameter.

At any rate, starting from the latest FAI CD would probably be easier than starting from grml. I will have to get the kernel conf off the CD, re-build a kernel with speech, and then remaster the CD. None of that is particularly difficult.

Antwort per Email an