Rudy,

when you say

> $ROOTCMD a2enmod rewrite
> $ROOTCMD a2enmod ssl
> $ROOTCMD a2dissite 000-default
> $ROOTCMD a2ensite dokeos
> $ROOTCMD a2ensite dokeos_ssl

you mean in a script in scripts/MYCLASS/xx-apache ?

Why would I need the $ROOTCMD command there?

Regards,
Torsten

Rudy Gevaert schrieb:
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

Dear list!

I'd be interesting in sharing experiences with installing an Apache httpd server (with some modules, SSL, ...) using FAI.

Obviously, it's easy to define a class and select the Debian packages to be installed, including whatever worker, PHP and other modules one wants to install.

But due to the way Apache httpd is packaged in Debian, this does not make a full functional webserver for most people. In most cases, one has to enable a couple of (Apache) modules. I don't mean modules that come in separate .deb archives (such as libapache2-mod-php5 for example) but those which are packaged as part of apache2.2-common (such as ssl, ldap) which need to be enabled through a2enmod.

When building a SSL enabled server, there are even some more steps needed.

If course, I can write a script which basically does step after step and run it from FAI. But I wonder if I am missing some maybe more sophisticated mechanisms.

I'm making primarily use of (.e.g.)

fcopy -B -r /etc/apache2