Robin Lee Powell wrote:
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 02:44:32PM -0800, kegstand wrote:
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Robin Lee Powell <
rlpow...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

I'm trying to FAI a machine with two NICs, only one of which I'm
using.  It netboots, but hangs at:

IP-Config: eth0 hardware address 00:e0:81:45:ed:8a mtu 1500 DHCP
RARP

That's never going to answer, because that's not the NIC I'm
using, but it never times out either.  How do I get things past
this point?

I have blown many hours on this.  You should try to disable one of
your NICs in the bios .

Several hundred of our machines have two NICs we actually use both
of, so no.

I ended up making a fai config for

machine-nic1

and machine-nic2

the machine would intiially netboot off of machine-nic1, then
further in the fai process it would dhcp off of machine-nic2

after everything was done installing, I would delete all tftpd
pxelinux files except for "default"

Ouch.

Thanks.

-Robin

There have been quite a few threads on this, and it seems to be a common sticking point. The workaround I used involved editing the initrd and editing some of the scripts and arguments to the embedded ipconfig binary which makes the request to the DHCP server. The thread describing my fix starts here: http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-fai@uni-koeln.de/msg01553.html

We've been using this hack for awhile and have had no further problems with this particular issue.

HTH,
Ryan

Antwort per Email an