I prefer using my own variables in my own namespace and initialize them
from a "known good" source - like $HOSTNAME. This may not be the most
obvious solution, but this way you can guarantee that "your" variable has
a valid value. And if $HOSTNAME turns out to be unrealiable - or undesired
- then you could easily change the source (like maybe retrieving the value
from an external database.) without having to wade through the rest of the
source code trying hard not to introduce new bugs.

tschüß
thomas
ok so any defined variables can be used in setup storage (like in http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide/ch-config.html#s-classvariables).

I had not thinked of this before i was seeing this as a static file. good to know thanks :)

regards,
JEan

Antwort per Email an